Pages

Facebook Updates

Friday 5 August 2011

Lemon Poppy Seed Cakepop

I have been dying to try some new cakepop flavours (the inside sponge cake). I normally only make vanilla, chocolate and red velvet and I am pleased to have had the opportunity to make a new flavour.......
Lemon Poppy Seed Cakepops.




I love all the little black seeds in the batter.

I prepared the batter as I normally do but with lemon poppy sponge cake and vanilla frosting. I rolled the batter by hand into balls.

Once refrigerated for 15 minutes, I took the balls out and dipped the lollilop stick in the melted chocolate and inserted it into the rolled ball.


I put them back into the fridge for the sticks to set for 15 minutes. Now these are ready for dipping.

I like to double dip mine as I find you get a better finish. I dipped each cakepop first in white chocolate and then in yellow chocolate.

For the decorating, I used yellow sugar crystals and a white fondant flower. When I use the sugar crystals, I sprinkle them on the wet cakepop over a bowl to avoid wasting the crystals that fall off.

And the result....

Yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment